Bell Tower Inn - Ballarat

1845 Sturt StreetBallarat3350Australia
Show more hotels

About Bell Tower Inn - Ballarat

Bell Tower Inn - Ballarat is three-star rated. It sits in two acres of gardens and is a leisurely 10-minute walk from Ballarat Golf Club.

Air conditioned rooms are en-suite with bath and hairdryer. Wi-Fi is free, but with limitations. Room features typically include TV, telephone, iron/board, microwave and minibar. A refrigerator and desk are also featured. Upgrades include a sitting area and whirlpool.

In addition to a BBQ and picnic area, Bell Tower Inn - Ballarat has a fitness room, indoor heated pool, spa and sauna. Cycle hire and free on-site parking are available. Packages include one that incorporates visits to the medieval adventure playground at Kryal Castle.

Extensive hot and cold breakfast choices are served in the Glasshouse Restaurant. Later dining can be enjoyed at Ballarat Golf Club’s Greenside Bistro, Lazy Moe's and the Park Hotel.

It’s a 10-minute drive to The Eureka Centre and Sovereign Hill. Melbourne is approximately 70 miles away.


1845 Sturt Street, Ballarat, 3350, Australia
Telephone: +61(3)53341600 | Fax: +61(3)53343200 | Official Homepage

Top amenities

  • WiFi in lobby
  • Free WiFi in rooms
  • Pool
  • Spa
  • Parking
  • Pets
  • A/C
  • Restaurant
  • Hotel bar
  • Gym

All amenities

Hotel facilities

  • 24-hour reception
  • Business centre
  • Car park
  • Concierge
  • Conference rooms
  • Deck chairs / Sun loungers
  • Gym
  • Hotel bar
  • Indoor swimming pool
  • Laundry service
  • Non-smoking rooms
  • Parasols
  • PC with internet
  • Pets allowed
  • Restaurant
  • Room service
  • Terrace
  • Towels at the pool / beach
  • Washing machine
  • Wellness centre / Spa
  • WiFi in lobby

Room facilities

  • Air conditioning
  • Bathroom with bathtub
  • Bathroom with shower
  • Central heating
  • Desk
  • Electric kettle
  • Free WiFi in rooms
  • Fridge
  • Hairdryer
  • Internet
  • Ironing board
  • Telephone
  • Television
  • WiFi in rooms

Wellness / Spa

  • Sauna
  • Steam room
  • Whirlpool / Hot tub


  • Accessible parking
  • Wheelchair accessible

For children

  • Child / Baby cot

Arrival / Departure

  • Check-in: 14:00
  • Check-out: 10:00

Positive Reviews

Quiet and with good facilities.

It's in a very quiet location with some impressive facilities. The indoor pool is open all year and is a real honey trap for families. The overall value for money is excellent.

Start the day right.

Breakfast deserves a mention. There's plenty of it and lots of hot and cold choices. From the fresh fruit salad to fresh, crispy bacon; the day gets off to a great start. Later, there are some really good eating options very nearby. Lazy Moe's, for example, is popular with virtually everyone.

Excellent staff.

Members of staff are simply brilliant and can't do enough to help you enjoy your visit. Every department is just great, including those who clean the rooms and who have been known to leave things to amuse kids that are staying. Very thoughtful. The entire hotel is very family friendly.

Negative Reviews

Don't pay cash

If you pay cash, you'll have to pay a further bond to cover any damage you create during the stay. You can see why they need to protect themselves from an irresponsible 10% of guests … but the other 90% find it a difficult pill to swallow.

It's a quiet area, but …

Although many rooms have seen some refurbishment, old air conditioning units remain in situe. The noise they make detracts from the otherwise quiet and peaceful atmosphere.

In-room catering needs attention.

Despite publicity to the contrary, it seems that some rooms have no microwave and hardly any crockery and cutlery. They should address these issues urgently - or take everything out and stop pretending to supply a self-catering option.

Rating Overview

Rating trivago Rating Index based on 668 reviews across the web
8.2 /10
  • Expedia
    8.2 /10
    8.3 /10
  • other websites
    8.1 /10
8.2 out of 10 based on 668 reviews