Hotels in Brooklyn, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Brooklyn online
- Find a cheap hotel in Brooklyn!
- Book at the ideal price!
Brooklyn, USA: New York's Most Populous Borough
On the west side of Long Island sits Brooklyn, New York, the largest population-wise of New York City's five boroughs with over 2.5 million inhabitants. From this area, visitors will have easy access to all parts of New York and can easily make their way through the city's main attractions by taking advantage of its large and convenient public transportation system.
Due to the population of this borough, there is always something to do and somewhere to go, ensuring that visitors to New York City are never bored when staying in Brooklyn. Restaurants, bars, cafés, zoos, parks, and theatres are abundant in Brooklyn, making it an ideal place to spend a New York holiday.
Head to Prospect Park
The largest public park in Brooklyn is called Prospect Park, a 585-acre space right in the heart of the borough. The park was designed by Calvert Vaux and Frederick Law Olmsted, who also designed Central Park, and is home to a number of different attractions of its own.
For starters, the Prospect Park Zoo, a part of the Wildlife Conservation Society, sits within the park, as does the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Other attractions within this park include Long Meadow, the Picnic House, The Boathouse, the Prospect Park Tennis Centre, and Litchfield Villa, a home that was constructed prior to the park being built there. A number of hotels can be found to the west of the park, making it easily accessible for those coming from outside the city.
The park is home to The Ravine, which is the only forest in all of Brooklyn and a great place to explore nature or go for a hike. In addition, the Brooklyn Museum, the Prospect Park Bandshell, the Music Pagoda, the Brooklyn Public Library, and LeFrak Center at Lakeside are all found inside this large and extremely well-equipped park.
Catch a Sporting Event
Two professional sports teams make their home in Brooklyn: the NBA's Brooklyn Nets and the NHL's New York Islanders. Both of these teams play at the Barclays Center, which is a multi-purpose arena that was opened in 2012. College basketball games, professional wrestling events, and numerous concerts have also taken place at this venue since its opening.
Just north of Brooklyn is the borough of Queens, where numerous sporting venues can also be found. Citi Field, home of the New York Mets, is a short distance from the north end of Brooklyn and can be reached via the city's subway system. Visitors can also get to the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center and Arthur Ashe Stadium, where the U.S. Open tennis tournament is played, in Queens easily from their hotel and via the subway.
Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and Madison Square Garden in Manhattan are other sporting venues in the surrounding area and all of them can be reached in an hour or less on the subway.
Visit Coney Island
When looking to escape the noise and bustle of the city, Coney Island is the place to go. This area on the south tip of Brooklyn is home to Manhattan Beach, Brighton Beach, and the Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk. Visitors will see Steeplechase Park and Steeplechase Pier upon arrival can and head to the New York Aquarium during their time in this neighbourhood.
Of course, the main reason to visit Coney Island, other than the beach, is the amusement parks. Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park features older carnival-style rides right along the beach and is a top attraction for families. Right next door is Luna Park, which has thrill rides and provides a more modern experience. There are a number of restaurants and hotels in the neighbourhood, as well, making this one of the top places to spend a day or two while in Brooklyn.
Experience the Nightlife
Anyone who is looking to spend a night out on the town whilst in Brooklyn is in luck, as the borough has a thriving nightlife in certain areas. Williamsburg is the place to be in Brooklyn, as it is has a fantastic indie music scene and is home to many of the city's most popular nightclubs and restaurants.
The area's nightlife isn't confined to Williamsburg, however, as neighbourhoods like Red Hook, Gowanus, Prospect Heights, and Clinton Hill have places to spend a night on the town without the pretentious vibe that is present in Manhattan. The best news is that these areas all have short stay hotels, ensuring that visitors can spend their days and nights in Brooklyn within walking distance of their desired venue.
Take the Train to Manhattan
Just because a visitor is staying in Brooklyn doesn't mean that Manhattan is out of reach. The most famous of the city's boroughs is just a short subway ride away and guests can spend the day seeing the city's most famous sites before returning to their hotel at night.
Manhattan, of course, is home to Times Square, Central Park, the Empire State Building, Broadway, the Flatiron Building, One World Trade Center, and Wall Street, so there is no shortage of things to see and do. Those who have a car can also take the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan, which is something that everyone should experience at least once, despite the traffic that is usually present.
Price rangefrom AU$91to AU$2,967
- Hotel Industry City Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Memberdeals from AU$8
- Hotel Quality Inn Brooklyndeals from AU$8
- Hotel Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtowndeals from AU$239
- Hotel Hotel BPM Brooklyndeals from AU$165
- Hotel Historic Townhouse In East Flatbushdeals from AU$113
More Top Hotels
- Hampton Inn Brooklyn/Downtown
- Beautiful 3Bedroom /2Bath Apt With Access To Backyard In Brooklyn
- Pointe Plaza Hotel
- Sleep Inn Prospect Park South
- Holiday Inn Express New York-Brooklyn
- Mcsimons | Cozy Private Studio | Near Nyc
- Comfort Inn Prospect Park-brooklyn
- Charm And Modernity Meet In The Heart Of Brooklyn For A Spacious Retreat.
- Days Inn Brooklyn Borough Park
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Central
- Hotel Kings
- Days Inn Brooklyn
- Lovely, Modern Apartment In Park Slope, Brooklyn
- Glo Best Western Brooklyn Nyc
- Plus Prospect Park
- Brooklyn Motor Inn
- Insignia An Ascend
- Hotel International Students Residence
- Serenity at Home Guest House
- Hilton Brooklyn New York
- New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- Charming Brownstone Garden Apartment
- Gowanus Inn & Yard, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
- Greenpoint YMCA
- Exquisite Guest House & Suites
- The Brooklyn
- Hotel Indigo Williamsburg - Brooklyn - an IHG hotel
- The Tillary Hotel
- Sunset , An Ascend Collection Member
- Unique Designer Styled, Luxury 2 Bedroom Triplex Carriage House
- Pod Brooklyn
- Free Parking. Luxury 2 Bedroom. Express Bus To Manhattan. Wifi
- Nouveau Studio Garden Apartment
- Vacation Rental In New York
- Comfort Inn Brooklyn
- Hotels in New York 16509 Hotels deals from AU$56
- Hotels in New York 59311 Hotels deals from AU$21
- Hotels in New York Metropolitan Area 25309 Hotels deals from AU$58
- Hotels in Jamaica 147 Hotels deals from AU$88
- Hotels in Queens 1349 Hotels deals from AU$95
- Hotels in Jersey City 2265 Hotels deals from AU$101
More Top Destinations
- Staten Island
- Ocean Grove
- Washington D.C.
- North Bergen
- East Rutherford
- Las Vegas
- Central Valley
- White Plains
- Atlantic City
- Long Beach
- East Brunswick
- New Rochelle
- Garden City
- San Francisco
- Niagara Falls
- Los Angeles
- Stony Brook