Hotels in Busselton, Australia
- Comprehensive hotel search for Busselton online
- Find a cheap hotel in Busselton!
- Book at the ideal price!
Busselton, the Heart of Geographe Bay
Tucked deep in the extreme southwest of Western Australia, Busselton's heart and soul is its waterfront area, made famous by its wooden jetty. But this town offers more than just staid seaside delights; surfers, snorkelers and whale watchers will be right at home here while those heading further inland will find world-class wineries as well as a host of superb national parks.
Making the Best of Busselton
Thronged with many a seaside hotel, Busselton’s promenade hugs the wide stretch of Geographe Bay. From here, the town's Victorian-era pier – reportedly the longest wooden structure in the hemisphere – extends a mile out over the sea. Turning your back to the ocean and heading directly inland from the jetty, you'll walk through Signal Park to find multiple restaurants, cafés and bistros down Queen Street, which culminates at Victoria Square. For those after some retail therapy, passing via this thoroughfare also offers the chance to purchase locally produced artwork, crafts, homewares and even produce. But if it's simple peace and quiet you seek, Busselton has that too. Indeed, the town is dotted with multiple parks and green spaces, many of which overlook the area's riverine inlets as well as the majestic sweep of the open ocean. For something a bit more active, Busselton Community Garden – complete with its own art studio – welcomes volunteers.
Trains, Whales and Wines
No trip to Busselton would be complete without taking in its jetty. While it's perfectly possible to explore the structure on foot, you can also tour the length of the pier by historic train. This stretch of line used to connect Busselton to the nearby town of Bunbury, a short hop up the coast. Today, it terminates just a mile out over the waters of Geographe Bay, dropping passengers off at Busselton's Underwater Observatory. This intimate space gives travellers a close-up view of the many species that inhabit what some say is Australia's most impressive artificial reef. The area is well-known to whale watchers, who flock to Busselton to catch glimpses of humpback, southern right, minke and blue whales on their annual migration across the oceans of the southern hemisphere. But in addition to the delights of the sea, Busselton has been blessed by the fruits of the vine; oenophiles flock to the area for its many wineries.
Swim, Snorkel, Surf and Hike
Nestled as it is right up against the sea, it's not surprising to find that Busselton offers a range of ocean-based activities. If you're just after a seaside chill, it's hard to beat the soft sands and calm waters of the town's main beach, the Busselton foreshore. Sheltered by Geographe Bay, the seas here are calm, great for splashing and swimming. Those keen to do some snorkelling will be delighted by the artificial reef just off of the town's jetty, but the more adventurous can also explore any number of nearby wreck dives.
This part of Western Australia is also known as something of a surfer's paradise, with the coast to the outskirts of town featuring numerous excellent spots for wave catching. But Busselton also offers plenty to see and do for landlubbers too. Located on the edge of town, Scott National Park is home to rare indigenous flora and fauna while the Tuart Forest National Park is the only pure tuart forest on the planet.
Supping and Sleeping
When it comes to eating and drinking in Busselton, you'll be spoilt for choice. If you like a view with your meal, choose one of the many modern Australian eateries overlooking Geographe Bay near Signal Hill. For global options, head to Queen Street for Chinese and pan-Asian cuisine as well as European options. Featuring numerous options for coffee, cake, and ice cream, those with a sweet-tooth will find their fix here. But Busselton is of course celebrated for its vineyards. These specialise in premium Cabernet Sauvignons and Chardonnay as well as a signature local blend of Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc. Many also boast their own on-site eateries. When it comes to sleeping, hotels and accommodation in Busselton run the gambit from swanky resorts and villas to caravan parks and campsites. A number of properties in Busselton nestle right up against Geographe Bay, offering ocean views and sea breezes. Whichever Busselton hotel you choose, this town offers something for all tastes.
Price rangefrom AU$78to AU$505
- Hotel Bayview Geographe Resortdeals from AU$120
- Hotel Busselton Villas & Caravan Park deals from AU$138
- Hotel Hotel The Sebel Busseltondeals from AU$186
- Hotel Ringtails Moteldeals from AU$9
- Hotel Busselton Beach Resortdeals from AU$304
- Hotel Busselton Jetty Chaletsdeals from AU$162
More Top Hotels
- Mandalay Holiday Resort & Tourist Park
- Broadwater Bed and Breakfast Busselton
- Abbey Beach Resort
- Aqua Resort
- Amblin Holiday Park
- Broadwater Resort
- Geographe Gateway - On the Bay
- The Royal Palms Resort
- Forest Rise Eco Retreat
- Paradise Motor Inn Busselton
- BIG4 Beachlands Holiday Park
- Seashell Cottage - Busselton Jetty Central
- Martin Fields Beach Retreat
- Busselton Marina
- Relax to the Max Holiday Stays
- Sojourn On Gale
- Amalfi Resort
- Luxury Canal Front Doublestory Home With Spectacular Ocean Views.
- Busselton By The Bay - Central And Jetty Beach - Free Wifi
- Exclusive Escapes-Canal Living Busselton
- Busselton Beach Getaway Dream
- Adinfern Estate
- Maisies Cottage Busselton 5 Min Walk To Beach /town Pet Friendly
- Busselton Ithaca Motel
- Peppy Beach Ocean Views
- Abbey Beach Holiday Home
- Morgans Retreat, Busselton
- Annes Cabin Busselton
- Cosy Cottage perfect for down south Getaways
- Broadwater Family Stay Apartment - Busselton - Free Wifi
- Beachside Beauty At Your Call..
- Lagoon Sunset - Absolute Waterfront
- Ocean View Port Geographe Is A Modern Stylish Townhouse With Ocean Views By The Marina
- Toggs Cottage Busselton, Free Wifi
- RAC Busselton Holiday Park
- Busselton Motel
- Rose On The Beach - Relaxing Beach Hideaway
- 5 Stars - Boutique Home By The Ocean
- Searose Busselton - Relax By The Beach
- Hotels in Margaret River 1091 Hotels deals from AU$101
- Hotels in Dunsborough 483 Hotels deals from AU$97
- Hotels in Perth 3374 Hotels deals from AU$37
- Hotels in Bunbury 182 Hotels deals from AU$70
- Hotels in Yallingup 258 Hotels deals from AU$164
- Hotels in Mandurah 646 Hotels deals from AU$107
More Top Destinations
- Gold Coast
- Jurien Bay
- Surfers Paradise
- Western Australia
- Byron Bay