Hotels in Dallas, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Dallas online
- Find a cheap hotel in Dallas!
- Book at the ideal price!
Dallas: More than Rodeos and Cowboy Hats
“Everything’s Bigger in Texas” – a popular phrase for referring to the Lone Star state; there’s even a song about it. Big hats, big hair, big steaks, big rodeos and bulls are just some of the big sights you’ll see in Texas. However, the state has a lot to offer for travelers and residents alike. Three of the U.S most visited cities are located within it. Yet when you think of Texas, everything you associate with the state can be found in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Even though the two cities are often placed together as DFW, there’s no way you’ll be able to tackle them both in one trip - unless it’s a very long stay. So make Dallas your first stop. Sports fanatics will have to see the Dallas Cowboys. History buffs and art lovers should tour the city’s museums. Strolling through the city’s center will be filled with so many great attractions, and the best part is, you’ll be able to bring the whole family!
BIG ACCOMMODATIONS – DALLAS STYLE
There are many affordable and cheap hotels in Dallas that offer big amenities. You’ll definitely get a lot of ‘bang for your buck.’ Driving is a common thing in Dallas, since Texans do enjoy their big trucks. So if you’re up to it, you should consider renting a vehicle and staying at a hotel like the, Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel. This cheap hotel is also eco-friendly. It features its own restaurant, bar and lounge. It’s further away from the city’s downtown area, but near the freeway. Parking is available on site, for free. Another nice, cheap hotel option is the, Candlewood Suites Dallas Hotel. If you’re traveling with your pets, this is also the hotel for you. It’s about 5 miles away from the city center, but extremely close to the airport. So you have easy access to both. There is also free parking on site. This hotel also offers fully equipped, in-suite style apartments; for those needing long-term accommodations.
Of course there are luxury hotels, for those who can afford a higher price point. One option is, The Magnolia Hotel Dallas. This luxury hotel is located in the heart of downtown. The average price is over $200 a night and it’s filled with lots of amenities. There’s a free breakfast buffet, a complimentary drink reception and a bed-time milk and cookies buffet! There’s a 24-hour fitness room with a hot tub and steam room. The hotel is also close to Dallas’ main attractions and there’s a Neiman Marcus right next door. The hotel also offers loft-like extended-stay suites that feature full kitchens, separate bedrooms and a living room.
For those of you who are feeling brave, you can also stay in one of Dallas’ famous haunted hotels. The Adolphus, is a luxury hotel in the heart of downtown. Built in 1912, this hotel is also a historic site in the city and features grand architecture. However, if you stay here, you’ll not only be getting luxurious comfort, you’ll also be experiencing one of the most haunted hotels in the city. Supposedly, a jilted bride roams the halls and a poltergeist enjoys rearranging beer bottles and glasses on the bar. Yet customers of this hotel have said that’s not the creepiest part. The 19th floor is the most haunted. People have said they’ve felt as if they were being watched, and some have reported to being tapped on the shoulder by an unknown presence. At night, random big-band music will also start blaring through the halls. Regardless of all of this though, people continue to stay here, because the hotel is a site to see. Another haunted option, for those of you who don’t want a traditional hotel stay, is The Corinthian. This romantic bed and breakfast was built in 1905. Originally the home for a professor at the University of Dallas, the two-storied building eventually became a women’s boarding house. In 2001, it was purchased and revamped into the quaint, antique and Victorian styled B&B that’s enjoyed by all – including the supernatural guest that are supposedly still living there. It’s still near the city center, only being a mile away from downtown.
THINGS TO DO IN DALLAS
The first stop you should make on your Dallas trip is a visit to the Geo-Deck at Reunion Tower. From here, you’ll get a bird’s-eye view of downtown Dallas and farther out. It’s one of the best places to see the city’s main attractions from above. The circular deck has inside and outside viewing areas, for your pleasure. Any local will tell you that you can’t make a trip to the city without visiting AT&T Stadium – home to the Dallas Cowboys. On a clear and sunny day you can see the stadium from the Geo-Deck, and that’s an indication for how big the stadium is; 3 million square feet, to be exact. Texans do love their football. Check out the world-class art that decorates the stadium, take a tour of the field and of course, see a game!
You nature lovers and outdoorsy types will appreciate the fact that Dallas has a unique blend of parks and outdoor space. The Klyde Warren Park has often been referred to as the Dallas version of Central Park. The 5.2 acre park is built on top of the downtown freeway. The park offers games, a reading area, a dog park, a special kid’s area and activities for local musical and theater troupes. If you’re interested in Dallas’ history, then check out the Dallas Heritage Village at Old City Park. The park features a large collection of 19th century pioneer and Victorian homes. One of the houses, Millermore, is supposed to be haunted. Don’t forget to visit the Botanical Garden as well.
There are also many museums within the city that history buffs will appreciate. The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza is the permanent exhibit on the life, death and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. It’s located on the sixth floor of the 1901 former Texas School Book Depository. Just a block away from The Sixth Floor Museum, the Old Red Museum of Dallas County History & Culture is also worth checking out. Tucked inside the 1892 Richardsonian Romanesque courthouse, this venue is a treasure chest of all things on Dallas. Another impressive museum to see is the George W. Bush Presidential Center. Regardless if you voted for him or not, the museum offers a fascinating look into the eight years he served as President. There’s a special section dedicated to 9/11. Make sure you get your picture taken at the Oval Office replica, before you leave.
There are tons of family-friendly attractions that you must check out during you trip, even if you don’t get to see them all this time around. The Dallas Museum of Art, the Perot Museum of Nature & Science, the aquarium and the Northpark Center for shopping should be added to your list. With Texan style barbeque, fun nightlife, diverse attractions and more – it’s easy to see why Dallas, Texas always goes big. There’s a reason it continues to place on the list for, the Fastest Growing City in America. Don’t miss out.
Price rangefrom AU$53to AU$1,684
- Hotel Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Park Central Areadeals from AU$139
- Hotel Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Park Centraldeals from AU$99
- Hotel Sun Suites Of Dallas - Garlanddeals from AU$72
- Hotel Ramada Dallas Love Fielddeals from AU$83
- Hotel Lorenzo Hoteldeals from AU$194
- Hotel Comfort Inn North Dallas Near the Galleria Dallasdeals from AU$93
More Top Hotels
- Stay Alfred On Jackson Street
- Hotel Omni Dallas
- OYO Inn Dallas South
- Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas
- Hilton Anatole
- Super 7 Inn Dallas-Southwest
- Gateway Hotel Dallas
- The Beeman
- The Fairmont Dallas
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas West/I-30
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas Downtown
- Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center
- Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Central Expressway
- Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown
- Sleep Inn Dallas Love Field-Medical District
- Stay Alfred At Miro
- Residence Inn By Marriott Dallas Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Dallas Downtown
- Springhill Suites Dallas Central Expressway
- Quality Inn & Suites I-35 E/Walnut Hill
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas/Stemmons FwyI-35 E
- Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
- Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
- Trinity Suites Downtown Dallas
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas I-35 Walnut Hill Ln
- Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
- Charming Cottage In Historic East Dallas Near Deep Ellum & White Rock Lake
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas Market Center
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central
- The Westin Dallas Park Central
- Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- The Westin Dallas Downtown
- Crowne Plaza Dallas-Market Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas East, Tx
- Hotels in Fort Worth 1020 Hotels deals from AU$50
- Hotels in Irving 376 Hotels deals from AU$57
- Hotels in Arlington 489 Hotels deals from AU$43
- Hotels in Richardson 147 Hotels deals from AU$76
- Hotels in Dallas 7570 Hotels deals from AU$43
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7332 Hotels deals from AU$27
More Top Destinations
- New York
- San Antonio
- Los Angeles
- Grand Prairie
- San Francisco
- New Orleans
- Santa Monica
- Miami Beach
- Gold Coast
- Washington D.C.
- San Diego