Hotels in Denver, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Denver online
- Find a cheap hotel in Denver!
- Book at the ideal price!
Denver: Discover Colorado’s State Capital
Sitting in the shadows of the Rocky Mountains, just east of the continental divide, the city of Denver offers visitors a treasure trove of attractions, amenities and activities. Whether you plan to explore historic landmarks, take in some awesome scenery, enjoy the excitement of a theme park, or even catch a game a mile above sea level, the Mile-High City won’t leave you wanting.
Denver’s iconic landmarks
Dating back to the Gold Rush of the 1850s, the city of Denver, CO has retained much of its historic infrastructure. Larimer Square serves as the city’s first historic district, offering glimpses of the early days of the city.
After exploring this entertainment-friendly part of the city, head to Civic Center Park, where you’ll find three of Denver’s most iconic landmarks: the Colorado State Capitol, complete with gilded dome; the U.S. Mint, where the nation’s currency is made; and the Denver City and Council Building, home to the main municipal departments.
The central location of Civic Center Park means you’ll find an array of hotels nearby, putting you at the heart of the action. That being said, Denver is considered one of the most walkable cities in the U.S., so wherever your hotel is, you’re unlikely to have to rely on public transport.
Fun for the whole family
A cavalcade of family-friendly attractions can be found scattered around Denver, the most popular of which might just be the Downtown Aquarium. In addition to the river and sea life you’d expect to find at an aquarium, you’ll also discover a number of surprising exhibits, including tigers and mermaids!
During the summer months, Elitch Gardens proves to be a wildly popular attraction. The water park-theme park combo lures thousands of visitors every day with the promise of excitement and exhilaration. Similarly, Water World, a water park located about ten miles outside of the city centre, proves a popular choice.
At Denver Zoo, you’ll find bears, big cats, birds, primates, elephants, and a whole lot more. The zoo is actually home to more than 600 species, offering interesting insight into each creature as well as a good level of conservation knowledge. The zoo is located in City Park, alongside another popular family attraction, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Dinosaur skeletons and a planetarium are amongst the most popular features to be found within the museum.
Other popular museums in the city include Denver Art Museum, Colorado History Museum, and the Kirkland Museum of Fine and Decorative Arts.
Catch a game
Denver is one of the few cities in the U.S. to boast a team in each of the so-called “Big Four” professional sports leagues. Depending on the time of year, sports fans can take in a baseball game at Coors Field, home to the Colorado Rockies (MLB). Ice hockey and basketball are on show at the Pepsi Center, which hosts both the Colorado Avalanche (NHL) and Denver Nuggets (NBA). Meanwhile, Sports Authority Field at Mile High is a cavernous football stadium that is home to the Denver Broncos (NFL).
Additionally, the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer also play in the city, while a number of other professional and semi-professional sports clubs can be found around the city. If you prefer to watch your sport on the big screen, an assortment of sports bars will make you welcome.
Exploring the Great Outdoors
As impressive as the city is, it’s hard to argue that Denver’s best feature is the stunning scenery you’ll find beyond the city limits. From snow-capped mountains to crystal-clear lakes, the sights to be seen in these parts are something else.
If you’re the sort of traveller that likes to get out and experience the Great Outdoors up close and personal, Rocky Mountains National Park is the ideal spot. Day trips and multi-day tours are offered by a number of providers, with the latter being better suited to those that enjoy hiking and camping.
One of the best destinations for outdoor enthusiasts is Mount Evans, the highest point in the region. In addition to stunning views of the surrounding area, you’re also sure to be blown away by the beautiful Summit Lake, as well as Echo Lake, which you’ll pass en route.
If your time is a little more restricted, Red Rocks Park is closer and certainly suited to an afternoon trip. Catching a concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre comes highly recommended too.
Of course, during the winter months, the region’s magnificent mountains become a skier’s paradise. Denver is conveniently positioned to offer access to an assortment of local ski resorts.
Denver for business
In addition to luring tourists, Denver is also a common destination for business travellers. The city is home to many national and international companies, many of which are conveniently located in the downtown area of the city. Here you’ll also find The Colorado Convention Center, which routinely hosts corporate functions and expos.
As you’d expect, there are plenty of restaurants, bars, shops and hotels to be found downtown, making it easy to find business-friendly accommodations. Those arriving via Denver International Airport, located northeast of the city, can also find many a suitable hotel near the airport.
Price rangefrom AU$53to AU$1,214
- Hotel Hyatt Place Denver Cherry Creekdeals from AU$132
- Hotel 11th Avenue Hosteldeals from AU$50
- Hotel Radisson Hotel Denver Centraldeals from AU$123
- Hotel Hostel Fishdeals from AU$62
- Hotel Sonder The Essexdeals from AU$8
More Top Hotels
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, CO
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown Convention Center
- Clarion Denver
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
- Motel 6 Denver
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Downtown, CO
- Grand Hyatt Denver
- Hyatt Regency Tech Center
- Magnolia Hotel Denver, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
- Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, CO
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard
- Comfort Inn Denver East
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center
- Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center
- the Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Denver City Center
- Residence Inn Denver City Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Union Station, Co
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver Stapleton North
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
- JW Marriott Denver at Cherry Creek
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
- La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
- Renaissance Denver Central Park Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Denver Stapleton
- Comfort Inn & Suites North East Denver
- Motel 6 Denver Airport
- Super 8 Denver Stapleton
- Market Street Apartment By Stay Alfred
- Le Meridien Denver Downtown
- Airport Lay Over
- Our Place Is A Place For Fun,comfortable And Clean For Our Visitors.
- Spacious Newly Remodeled Private Basement
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center North
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7293 Hotels deals from AU$27
- Hotels in Aurora 488 Hotels deals from AU$74
- Hotels in Westminster 176 Hotels deals from AU$103
- Hotels in Lakewood 346 Hotels deals from AU$93
- Hotels in Vail 2647 Hotels deals from AU$91
- Hotels in Sydney 16827 Hotels deals from AU$21
More Top Destinations
- New York
- Greenwood Village
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Colorado Springs
- Estes Park
- Snowmass Village
- Beaver Creek
- Steamboat Springs
- Santa Monica
- Winter Park
- San Diego
- Fort Collins
- New Orleans
- Gold Coast
- West Hollywood