Hotels in Minneapolis, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Minneapolis online
- Find a cheap hotel in Minneapolis!
- Book at the ideal price!
Culture, Nature and Shopping in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN is a flourishing city that packs in activities for any occasion. With towering skyscrapers overlooking stunning lakes, the contrast between urban structures and nature is a captivating aspect of this area in Minnesota. Combined with vast shopping and dining opportunities, museums to explore, sophisticated hotels to stay in, and a thriving theatre scene, Minneapolis is a dream destination for many travellers.
History, Lakes & Attractions
So much to list, so little amount of words available! Now while there’s too much notable stuff to mention, Minneapolis is overflowing with things to see and do – from family-friendly activities to sophisticated art museums. Speaking of art museums, the Minneapolis Institute of Art – with over 80,000 pieces depicting 4,000 years of history around the world – is one of the most revered attractions that the city provides. As for other museums, places such as the Museum of Russian Art, Mill City Museum and American Swedish Institute all come highly recommended. The area also supplies 22 picturesque lakes, and examples of this are arguably best seen via the stunning Chain of Lakes, which comprises Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet and the Lake of the Isles. And for something a little out of the ordinary, the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden definitely fits the bill. Combining fascinating culture with natural beauty, this attraction is a top destination for many.
Wealth of Shows
Book a hotel and book a ticket to a show – this is usually the itinerary for those planning a trip to Minneapolis! That is because the city features a wealth of venues where live events take place throughout the year – to the point that, in the United States, it is recognised as having the second-most theatre seats per capita. In recent years, the revitalisation of the Hennepin Avenue Theater District has made it one of the focal points for shows, with it offering highly regarded and historic places such as the Orpheum Theatre and State Theatre. The award-winning Guthrie Theater houses three theatres and showcases dynamic productions year-round, which also makes it one of the best places to catch a performance when visiting Minneapolis. The city is also more than just live theatre events. At the famous Target Field ballpark, a game of baseball can be enjoyed with breath-taking views wherever you sit. And don’t forget that Minneapolis has plenty of festivals and annual events throughout the year, so make sure to check the calendar to see what could be happening during your trip!
Minneapolis is home to one of the best shopping experiences in the country. From well-known retailers to eclectic boutique stores, the city boasts an exciting combination of all-things shopping. As perhaps expected, the downtown area of Minneapolis is where you will find most of the action. This includes Nicollet Mall, which is a 12-block stretch that comprises hundreds of shops – including the flagship store for retailing giant Target, while there’s an abundance of trendy clothing establishments – thanks in part due to the exemption of sales tax on shoes and apparel. Downtown is also where you can discover a large selection of unique shops, ensuring that you can pick up the ideal gift for family and friends… and yourself! Oh, and don’t forget a visit to the famous Mall of America. Situated a short drive away from Minneapolis, this mall is a popular destination for those who stay in the city. And it’s no surprise considering the Mall of America, astonishingly, contains more than 400 shops overall!
If you enjoy food (and let’s face it: who doesn’t?) then you will certainly be in a dream-like world when travelling to Minneapolis. This is because the city is metaphorically full to bursting with well over 1,000 restaurants in total! As a result, there is a vast array of dining choices to pick from. Whether you are in search of the fanciest in fine dining or simply a cheap bite to eat, all budgets and occasions are covered. Speaking of variety, the area is notably multicultural when it comes to the food they serve up. Authentic Italian pizzas, succulent prime rib from a cosy steakhouse, curries that replicate the best you’d find in India – all this and much, much more can be found when exploring the restaurants of Minneapolis. And while there are plenty of famous food joints in the city, Matt’s Bar has a special place in the hearts of many locals. Operating since 1954, this restaurant claims to be the original home of the Jucy Lucy – a burger that flips things around by having the cheese on the inside of the meat patty!
Price rangefrom AU$83to AU$645
- Hotel Millennium Hotel Minneapolisdeals from AU$97
- Hotel Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suitesdeals from AU$110
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minneapolis Golden Valleydeals from AU$129
- Hotel Charming Cottage in the Citydeals from AU$74
More Top Hotels
- Royal Sonesta Minneapolis Downtown
- Hotel Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown
- SpringHill Suites Minneapolis West St Louis Park
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Minneapolis Northeast
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minneapolis-Dwtn Conv Ctr
- Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Northstar Downtown
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- Sheraton Bloomington Hotel
- Hilton Minneapolis
- The Marquette Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown
- Minneapolis Marriott City Center
- Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown - City Center
- Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel
- The Westin Minneapolis
- Minneapolis International
- Metro Inn Motel
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, MN
- Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis/Downtown
- Grantsburg Inn
- Doubletree By Hilton Minneapolis-University Area
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown
- AC Hotel Minneapolis Downtown
- Minneapolis Coolest Nordic Nook!
- Bizzaro Apartment
- Stay Alfred On 2nd Street
- Minnestay Luxury Loft View Of Downtown Walk To Us Bank Stadium
- Stay Alfred At Soo Line
- Hotels in Minneapolis 3063 Hotels deals from AU$61
- Hotels in Lilydale 11 Hotels deals from AU$7
- Hotels in Bloomington 141 Hotels deals from AU$71
- Hotels in Plymouth 58 Hotels deals from AU$72
- Hotels in New York 19202 Hotels deals from AU$50
- Hotels in Forest Lake 31 Hotels deals from AU$111
More Top Destinations
- Brooklyn Park
- Las Vegas
- Golden Valley
- Saint Paul
- Eden Prairie
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Maple Grove
- Brooklyn Center
- Red Wing
- New Orleans
- Washington D.C.
- Santa Monica
- South St. Paul
- Gold Coast