Hotels in Mobile, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Mobile online
- Find a cheap hotel in Mobile!
- Book at the ideal price!
Mardi Gras, Museums, and Seafood - It’s Mobile
Home to America’s first Mardi Gras celebration, Mobile is widely recognised as the cultural capital of the Gulf Coast. This coastal city attracts around six million visitors each year. They come for the 300-years of history, the culture, and the delicious dining, not to mention exciting attractions, outdoor spaces, and Alabama hospitality. But why not see for yourself? You’ll find a good mix of hotels in Mobile although you may prefer to stay in one of the city’s historic B&Bs, some of which date to the late 1800s. Either way, a warm welcome is part of the deal.
Mobile easily ranks as one of the most architecturally diverse cities in the world. Choose a hotel in the midtown or downtown district and you’ll be within touching distance of many of the most significant historical buildings. Popular areas to explore include the Oakleigh Garden Historic District, home of Washington Square Park and the Union Barracks, and the DeTonti Square Historic District, where the luxurious Italianate-style buildings date back to the 1800s. Additional highlights for your bucket list include AfricaTown USA, site of the African Baptist Church, and the Lower Dauphin Street Historic District, home to the Greek Revival Creole-style Portier House. There’s much more to explore so many guests find it easier to book one of the daily sightseeing tours that are readily available in the area.
This fascinating coastal city has an excellent culinary reputation. The dining scene here is diverse but with the ocean on its doorstep, it’s easy to understand why the focus for many dishes is on fabulously fresh seafood. Discover the best at the city’s waterfront restaurants or along Battleship Parkway but don’t forget to stop by Wintzell’s Oyster House; this dining landmark has been serving up fresh oysters and award-winning seafood gumbo since 1938. Barbecue restaurants are also popular and these can be found throughout the city. Fine dining enthusiasts are best heading to the downtown district. Wherever you choose to get your culinary fix, you’ll want to wash it down with a drink at T.P. Crockmiers; established in 1875, it’s the oldest bar in Alabama.
Quality time with the family comes easy in Mobile. Treat the kids to an adventure they’ll never forget by visiting attractions such as GulfQuest/National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico, a life-size container ship replica complete with 90 interactive exhibits. See the real thing by heading to Battleship Memorial Park, home to the former World War II warship, the USS Alabama. While you’re there be sure to check out the USS Drum Submarine too. In Blakeley State Park, you can follow the fascinating Civil War Discovery Trail, while Fort Conde offers visitors the chance to explore a replica French Fort. A sunny day demands that you take a 20-minute drive south to Theodore where the 65-acre Bellingrath Gardens and Home offers a fun day out for the whole family.
Arts & Culture
It’s not just the abundance of historic homes and districts that have given Mobile the reputation as the cultural capital of the south. Dig a little deeper and you’ll find all manner of attractions that will keep any culture vulture happy. Take time to explore some of the city’s many diverse museums; options include the Phoenix Fire Museum, the University of South Alabama Archaeology Museum, and the Mobile Carnival Museum. For those who prefer the Arts, the LoDa ArtWalk offers the chance to explore local galleries and pick up a few locally crafted souvenirs (held on the second Friday of each month along Dauphin Street). Performing arts enthusiasts also have many options. Enjoy a performance of the Mobile Ballet, Opera or Symphony Orchestra or catch a show at the historic Saenger Theatre, once considered Dixie’s most beautiful playhouse.
Mobile and the surrounding area offer a great many ways for visitors to enjoy the great outdoors. Chickasabogue Park is a popular destination for mountain biking as is Little River State Forest, less than 60 minutes’ drive from the city. Fans of the water won’t be disappointed either. Enjoy canoeing and kayaking along the Ron Jones Paddle Trail or the Perdido River Canoe Trail, the latter a family-friendly option with plenty of white sandbars to enjoy along the way. A trip to the 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center should also feature on your must-do list. This 25,000-acre space, comprising waterways and wetlands, offers visitors the chance to see alligators, pelicans, and bald eagles in their natural habitat.
Price rangefrom AU$59to AU$348
- Hotel La Quinta Inn Mobiledeals from AU$74
- Hotel Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Cornerdeals from AU$63
- Hotel Comfort Suites Mobiledeals from AU$93
- Hotel Residence Inn Mobiledeals from AU$140
- Hotel The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spadeals from AU$247
- Hotel Baymont Inn and Suites Mobiledeals from AU$66
More Top Hotels
- Mobile Marriott
- Days Inn and Suites Mobile
- Malaga Inn
- Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
- 6 Mobile North
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile- Downtown Historic District
- Red Roof Mobile North
- SpringHill Suites Mobile
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
- TownePlace Suites Mobile
- Jameson Inns Mobile
- Quality Inn Mobile
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile Airport University Area
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile Providence Park
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-10
- Hotel The Admiral
- Quality Inn & Suites Mobile
- Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Boulevard, AL
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile I-65@ Airport Blvd
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Mobile
- Berney Fly
- Quality Inn Downtown Historic District
- Holiday Inn Mobile-Dwtn/Hist. District
- Port City Inn
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham
- Hilton Garden Inn Mobile Downtown
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65 Government Boulevard
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Mobile - University Area
- Hotels in New Orleans 7711 Hotels deals from AU$47
- Hotels in New York 13596 Hotels deals from AU$57
- Hotels in Sydney 15459 Hotels deals from AU$21
- Hotels in Las Vegas 6852 Hotels deals from AU$27
- Hotels in Melbourne 12283 Hotels deals from AU$29
More Top Destinations
- Gulf Shores
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Miami Beach
- Orange Beach
- Washington D.C.
- Gold Coast
- Fort Lauderdale
- Santa Monica
- Lake Buena Vista
- Panama City Beach
- San Diego