Hotels in Oklahoma City, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Oklahoma City online
- Find a cheap hotel in Oklahoma City!
- Book at the ideal price!
Oklahoma City, OK: A City Full of Surprises
When you return home from Oklahoma City, don’t be surprised if you find yourself singing a country tune. And it might go something like this: “I left my heart in Oklahoma, where the skies are so blue…”. As you continue singing, you’ll think about the many reasons why you’d like to go back some day. Front and centre will be the uncommon blend of cowboy culture and arts and culture, which includes several world-class museums alongside locations like Stockyards City, where the real cowboys come to play, and at the Oklahoma National Stockyards, the world’s largest cattle market. Throw into the mix scenic parks and a few out of the ordinary attractions, and you’ll have many reasons to feel like a repeat visit. If you do plan to re-visit this interesting city, keep in mind that hotels book up fast when the rodeo is in town, and the rodeo is in town a lot. The Oklahoma State Fair is another event where rooms are at a shortage. So saddle up and plan your visit today!
So Much to Discover
Oklahoma City (or OKC for short) has several museums that should be high on the list of must-see attractions. The Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum frequently makes the number one spot for things to do in the city, and while it addresses an unpleasant subject, it remembers an important part of history. The museum is an interactive learning experience with self-guided tours where visitors can see first-hand the effects of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. The museum also tells a story of resilience and hope, and you’ll probably leave loving OKC a little more.
For a change of pace, head over to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. Everything from American Indian artworks and artifacts to a large collection of early rodeo trophies can be found here, and the museum also boasts an extensive amount of rodeo photographs. When you’re finished, head out back to see the rodeo animals burial grounds, where four-legged rodeo legends were put to rest. Amongst epitaphs for animals named Hells Angels and Poker Chip, you’ll spot a wistful tombstone for Midnight that reads, “If there is a hoss heaven, please, God, rest his soul”. When it’s time for a breath of fresh air, you can continue the cowboy theme at Will Rogers Gardens. Known as “Oklahoma’s Favourite Son”, it’s only fitting that Oklahoma City has a park named after Rogers, who starred in more than 70 Hollywood movies, many of which were westerns. The gardens are a place where you can literally stop and smell the roses, and its 30 acres will stir your green thumb. And if you’re thinking of booking one of the city’s hotels that is fit for the likes of Will Rogers, you’ll no doubt feel like a movie star if you stay at the elegant Colcord Hotel. This 1910 hotel was the first skyscraper in Oklahoma City and is now the epitome of luxury accommodation with its original ornamental plaster ceilings and marble walls.
Try Something Different
If you’re the type that likes to take the road less travelled and looks for unusual places to visit, Oklahoma City has you covered for the unique and obscure. One such place is The Womb, an art gallery like no other owned by the frontman of The Flaming Lips, Wayne Coyne. More of an experience than a traditional gallery visit, visitors can don 3-D glasses to fully immerse themselves in the art, and there is even a room where you can put your own designs on the walls. Continuing on, the Museum of Osteology is a little out of the way, but it might be worth a visit for the 300 skeletons and 400 skulls on display. Now that’s a lot of bones! It’s considered America’s first skeleton museum, and it’s guaranteed to be an incomparable educational experience. At the American Pigeon Museum & Library, you can spread your wings amongst the captivating history of - you guessed it - pigeons. You’ll come away looking at these birds in a whole new light after learning about pigeons of war and long distance racing pigeons. When the day is winding down and you need to make a quick getaway to contemplate everything that you’ve just learned, there are several hotels near the museum for recharging.
The Fun Starts Here
If Oklahoma City is anything, it’s a family-friendly city. For a great day that the kids won’t stop talking about, a likely place to start is at the Oklahoma City Zoo. Aside from the usual lions, elephants and giraffes, guests can go behind the scenes to have intimate interactions with grizzly bears, sea lions and Galapagos turtles. This wild encounter is sure to be a hit with the younger crowd. Next up is either the Oklahoma Railway Museum or the Oklahoma State Firefighters Museum, although your little aspiring firefighter and train engineer might want to go to both! Or if you have a budding scientist in the family, the Science Museum Oklahoma is the way to go. When it’s time to really have some fun, look no further than Frontier City. This western-themed amusement park will bring on big smiles with rides for the young and young at heart. Orr Family Farm is another crowd pleaser, but be warned, you might have to tear the kids away from the non-stop fun. And for extra points with the kids, be sure to check-in to one of Oklahoma City’s many hotels with a swimming pool – some even have waterslides for what just might be the best day ever.
Price rangefrom AU$57to AU$436
- Hotel The Biltmore Hotel Oklahomadeals from AU$59
- Hotel Avid Hotel Oklahoma City Airportdeals from AU$8
- Hotel Hotel The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma Citydeals from AU$193
More Top Hotels
- Howard Johnson Inn - Oklahoma City
- Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City North Quail Springs
- Days Inn Oklahoma City Fairground
- Super 8 Oklahoma Fairgrounds
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, OK
- Sleep Inn & Suites Oklahoma City
- Best Western Saddleback Inn
- Embassy Suites Oklahoma City-Will Rogers Airport
- AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport
- Renaissance Waterford Oklahoma City Hotel
- Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City - Ex Residence Inn Oklahoma City West
- Red Roof Inn Oklahoma City Airport
- Wingate by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport
- Residence Inn by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown
- Bricktown Hotel and Convention Center
- Meridian Inn Oklahoma City
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West
- Sunset Inn & Suites
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oklahoma City Mid - Arpt Area
- Springhill Suites Oklahoma City Downtown
- Ac Oklahoma City Bricktown
- Hotels in Oklahoma 8836 Hotels deals from AU$50
- Hotels in Las Vegas 8403 Hotels deals from AU$27
- Hotels in Sydney 18840 Hotels deals from AU$21
- Hotels in New York 16751 Hotels deals from AU$56
- Hotels in Melbourne 15853 Hotels deals from AU$28
- Hotels in Los Angeles 16782 Hotels deals from AU$41
More Top Destinations
- San Francisco
- New Orleans
- Santa Monica
- Gold Coast
- Miami Beach
- San Diego
- Washington D.C.
- Fort Worth
- San Antonio
- West Hollywood