Hotels in Omaha, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Omaha online
- Find a cheap hotel in Omaha!
- Book at the ideal price!
Nebraska’s Largest City - It’s Omaha
Sprawling to the west of the Missouri River and within touching distance of Iowa, Nebraska’s largest city knows how to impress. Omaha is famous for its pioneer history and gorgeous lakes, not to mention the iconic Reuben sandwich. Throw in a healthy dose of the arts, a smattering of craft breweries, and an impressive roster of attractions and you have a city that’s an ideal destination for everything from family trips to romantic breaks. Accommodation options include budget-friendly motels, self-catering holiday homes, and upmarket hotels; choose your favourite option and waste no time in cultivating a new obsession with Omaha.
Omaha is a great place to be outdoors. Green spaces such as the 31-acre Heartland of America Park and the 20 themed gardens at Lauritzen Gardens are perfect for when you want to enjoy a little downtime, as are the numerous walking and cycling trails that wind their way through the city. Golfers can while away the afternoon at courses such as Stone Creek, Spring Lake, and the Pacific Country Club while birdwatchers will love the tranquil surroundings of Fontenelle Forest. The beautiful Elkhorn River provides an opportunity to try your hand at tubing and tanking and to enjoy an airboat tour of the area. Paddle boarding across Omaha lakes is another popular pastime.
Arts & Culture
Fans of arts and culture are in for a treat. Omaha boasts an incredible selection of museums, art galleries, and places of historical importance. Highlights include the art-deco Durham Museum, the birthplace of Malcolm X, and the Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters. You might also like to enjoy a performance at one of the city’s many theatres; popular destinations include the Holland Performing Arts Center, Orpheum Theater, the Blue Barn Theater, and the Omaha Community Playhouse. Be sure to leave time to visit Boys Town; a National Historic Landmark that is home to features such as Father Flanagan’s House and the world’s largest ball of stamps.
Omaha provides plenty of opportunities to enjoy some quality time with your family. Enjoy a day trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium, where features include a 70-foot shark tunnel and an indoor desert, take a ride on the old fashioned carousel at the Omaha Children’s Museum, or catch a performance at the Rose Theater. It’s also worth checking out if there are any events taking place during your trip. Family-friendly options include the Big Ten Baseball Tournament and subsequent NCAA College World Series (held May to June in Ameritrade Park). Also in May is the fabulously frivolous Cinco de Mayo celebrations while September offers you the chance to catch the heritage parade at the Aksarben Stock Show & Rodeo.
Leave your diet at home; Omaha is no place to hold back when it comes to dining. The city has plenty of culinary hotspots although the most well-known include the chef-led dining venues of the Dundee District and the Blackstone District, where the first Reuben sandwich was created back in the 1920s. Foodies will also enjoy the authentic Mexican cuisine touted along Historic South 24th Street and the home-grown restaurants that populate the Old Market Entertainment District. Wash it all down with a drink at one of the city’s many craft breweries. And if you really like beer, be sure you’re in town for the Omaha Beer Week in June - which is so good that it lasts for ten days.
A tight budget needn’t prevent you from enjoying Omaha. Spend a few nights in a budget-friendly hotel and take full advantage of the many freebies on offer. A trip to the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge to ‘Walk on Bob’ is a must; the centre of this 3,000-foot cable stay bridge marks the state border between Nebraska and Iowa. Year-round free entry can be enjoyed at the Joslyn Art Museum and the Union Pacific Railroad Museum in nearby Council Bluffs, the latter offering the chance for you to build your own kinetic railroad. Check out the world’s largest shooting fountains at Heartland of America Park and be sure to head to Midtown where, during the summer, live music fills the air and free yoga events take place in the park.
Price rangefrom AU$49to AU$357
- Hotel Sleep Inn & Suites Airport Omahadeals from AU$67
- Hotel New Victorian Inn & Suitesdeals from AU$89
- Hotel La Quinta Inn Omaha Westdeals from AU$62
- Hotel Comfort Suites West Omahadeals from AU$101
More Top Hotels
- Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
- Hilton Omaha
- CoCo Key Water Resort
- Hotel Deco
- Countryside Suites
- Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Omaha Downtown
- EVEN Hotels Omaha Downtown
- Comfort Suites Omaha
- Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th and Dodge
- Courtyard by Marriott Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
- Quality Inn & Suites Omaha
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha - 120th and Maple
- Residence Inn by Marriott Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
- Super 8 Omaha West
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Omaha Downtown - Airport
- Red Carpet Inn Omaha
- Hampton Inn Omaha West-Lakeside
- Econo Lodge West Dodge
- Candlewood Suites Omaha Airport
- Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites West
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha Downtown Old Market
- La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest
- Hotel Magnolia Omaha
- Hampton Inn and Suites Omaha/Downtown, NE
- Omaha Marriott Downtown At The Capitol District
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7936 Hotels deals from AU$26
- Hotels in New York 16298 Hotels deals from AU$55
- Hotels in Sydney 18030 Hotels deals from AU$20
- Hotels in Melbourne 15171 Hotels deals from AU$28
- Hotels in Council Bluffs 75 Hotels deals from AU$71
- Hotels in San Francisco 5930 Hotels deals from AU$45
More Top Destinations
- Los Angeles
- Carter Lake
- New Orleans
- Santa Monica
- Washington D.C.
- Gold Coast
- Miami Beach
- San Diego
- West Hollywood
- Surfers Paradise