Hotels in Port Macquarie, Australia
- Comprehensive hotel search for Port Macquarie online
- Find a cheap hotel in Port Macquarie!
- Book at the ideal price!
Port Macquarie Australia, Outdoor Adventure Awaits
Located on the Mid-North Coast of New South Wales, experience the coastal town of Port Macquarie and take advantage of one of its many beaches. Walk along unique and exciting trails and paths. Immerse yourself in its foodie culture with eats, treats, and wine. Get to know and learn about real live koala bears and see how they are rescued and treated at a koala hospital.
Beach Lover’s Paradise
Port Macquarie is a water lover’s dream with 17 unique beaches ready to explore and enjoy including Shelly Beach which features a natural tidal lagoon surrounded by rainforests. See a soaring eagle fly above Wash House Beach, or more adventurous visitors can four-wheel drive along the shores at North Beach. Family-friendly beaches include Lake Cathie and Flynns Beach. Take in a gorgeous sunrise or sunset over the water at popular spots like Tacking Point Lighthouse and Town Beach. Port Macquarie is also a walker’s paradise. The Coastal Walk takes visitors on a 9km hike near the ocean and past various beaches where they’ll see swamps, eucalypt forest, wildlife, and birds. This hike can be broken up and done in sections or done all at once depending on fitness level. Breakwall walk is another walk which is popular with locals, while the Sea Acres Rainforest Boardwalk takes guests through the rainforest canopy and is best enjoyed while being guided. Kids will have fun experiencing the Hello Koalas Sculpture Walk which features 51 fibreglass koala sculptures hand painted by local artists.
Adventures in the Sun
Port Macquarie is the official boogie board capital of Australia and those with a taste for adventure can catch a wave. Stoney Park features two purpose-built lakes where visitors can water ski, tube, or canoe. Anglers can enjoy fishing for bream, blackfish, and whiting, as well as deep-sea fishing off the coast. Each November, watch locals compete in the Sundowner BREAM Classic fishing tournament. Horse riding opportunities are many and include the Port Macquarie Horse Riding Centre Beach which offers lessons and gorgeous rides, as well as horse riding in the lush landscapes of the hinterland which feature waterfalls, mountains, and villages, as well as Old Bottlebutt which is located in the Burrawan State Forest and is the largest Red Bloodwood tree in the southern hemisphere. Or for a more unique riding adventure, hop aboard a camel at the Port Macquarie Camel Safari for a ride along Lighthouse Beach where dolphins and whales can often be seen. No better view of Port Macquarie can be found than that at 10,000 feet while skydiving or paragliding over the beautiful north coast. Back on land and in the water, river cruises provide a relaxing way to spend an afternoon, coasting down the river fishing on a BBQ boat or in an authentic Chinese Junk enjoying a sunset.
Koalas and Wildlife
Go down under and get up close and personal with those cutest of cuddly creatures, the koala. Billabong Zoo and Koala Wildlife Park gives guests the opportunity to observe and pet koalas. It is a world-renowned breeding centre for the animals, and there are also plenty of other exotic creatures to enjoy including kangaroos, wallabies, and leopards. Visit the world’s first hospital dedicated exclusively to the care and preservation of koalas, the Koala Hospital. Located on the grounds of Roto House, guided tours are provided daily.
Foodie Hot Spots
Whether it’s fresh, local produce or freshly harvested oysters, Port Macquarie has something to satisfy everyone’s appetite. The region is full of working farms and organic markets which offer healthy, fresh ingredients. Several local farms offer farm-to-table style dinners. With its perfect soil for growing grapes, wineries abound and the unofficial winery trail includes not only fantastic merlots and chardonnays, but much more including vineyards which feature horse riding trails, mazes, farm animals, and gardens. Visitors who like a bit more caffeine in their beverages will enjoy one of the many cafes and espresso bars, from hole-in-the-wall shops with unique menus to shops overlooking water and marinas.
Abundant Lodging Choices
With a number of lodging styles to choose from, travellers to Port Macquarie are sure to find something that meets their needs. Apartments and hotel-style accommodations are great for extended stays, while backpackers may find hostels more affordable and comfortable. Adventure seekers may prefer camping in holiday parks, while romantic retreats, resorts, and B&Bs are perfect for a lovers’ getaway.
Price rangefrom AU$49to AU$895
- Hotel Close to Town and Clubsdeals from AU$7
- Hotel Ibis Styles Port Macquariedeals from AU$126
- Hotel Wyndham Vacation Resorts Flynns Beach deals from AU$137
- Hotel The Wavesdeals from AU$240
- Hotel Mercure Centro Port Macquariedeals from AU$130
- Hotel Sails Port Macquarie by Rydgesdeals from AU$168
More Top Hotels
- North Coast Holiday Parks North Haven
- Saltwater Apartments
- Edgewater Holiday Park
- Port Pacific Resort
- Lighthouse Beach Holiday Village
- Oceania Beachfront Units
- Excelsior Motor Inn
- Port Macquarie Breakwall Holiday Park
- Marina Holiday Park
- Flynns Beach Caravan Park Port Macquarie
- South Pacific Apartments
- Mantra Quayside
- Macquarie Waters
- Beach House Holiday Apartments
- Mid Pacific Motel
- Mantra The Observatory
- Port Macquarie
- Aston Hill Motor Lodge
- Close to Town and Beaches!
- Flynn Beach Ocean Getaway
- Ingenia Holidays Bonny Hills
- Flynns Beach Resort
- East Port Motor Inn
- Port Macquarie Hotel
- Telegraph Retreat Cottages
- Shorebreak - Fabulous Beachfront Location
- Fi S Beach House Directly Opposite Beach And Park 3 Mins To Dog Beach!
- Bhavan 2Brm Apartment 5Mins From Cbd
- Fair Haven Rural Retreat
- Amazing Views Flynns Beach
- Tasman Pond Luxury Escape
- Boathouse By The Beach.....Close To Beach, Quiet, Families
- Stunning Apartment Opposite Town Beach
- Pet Friendly - Leanda Street Apartments
- Hastings Valley Motel
- Melaleuca Caravan Park
- Akama Vista - Couples Retreat
- Flynns on Surf Beach Villas
- 2 Minute Walk To The Town Centre. Convenience At Your Doorstep.
- Happy Days Beach Shack - Beachfront, Families And Outside Pets
- Waters Edge
- Hotels in Sydney 20338 Hotels deals from AU$19
- Hotels in Coffs Harbour 1492 Hotels deals from AU$63
- Hotels in Newcastle 1127 Hotels deals from AU$59
- Hotels in Port Stephens 1642 Hotels deals from AU$51
- Hotels in Byron Bay 3409 Hotels deals from AU$70
- Hotels in Wollongong 882 Hotels deals from AU$72
More Top Destinations
- Gold Coast
- The Entrance
- South West Rocks
- Surfers Paradise
- Nambucca Heads
- Tweed Heads
- Wagga Wagga
- Hunter Valley
- Central Coast