Hotels in Richmond, Canada
- Comprehensive hotel search for Richmond online
- Find a cheap hotel in Richmond!
- Book at the ideal price!
Richmond, British Columbia; A charming seaside village
A diverse, multicultural town located south of Downtown Vancouver, and within a 15-minute drive of the Vancouver International Airport, Richmond features many Asian influences, from dining and shopping, to herbal remedies. The city’s major natural areas are perfect for walking, cycling, and even horseback riding. An afternoon ride around the entire perimeter of Richmond is only 47.5 kilometres, and offers spectacular views of the Salish Sea. Take in the fresh air with a walk along the waterfront boardwalk, where unique boutique shops and live music can be enjoyed.
For the freshest catch of the day, the quaint little seaside borough of Steveston, offers seafood dinners that are served directly off the fishing boats. Whether it's a business trip or an annual family vacation, Richmond offers visitors a variety of inexpensive hotels, without breaking the budget.
The cuisine in Richmond is about as diverse as the city itself, where Asian dishes feature most predominantly. The epicentre is Alexandra Road, or “Food Street”, where a three-block stretch offers every type of Asian cuisine imaginable. One of the long-standing favourites is the heavily spiced lamb ribs with garlic and red pepper. Other dishes include hot-pots, where a bowl of hot broth sits in the centre of the table where diners dip slivers of beef, seafood, or and dumplings into the broth, before selecting their sauce. Look out for “pho”, a popular Vietnamese noodle soup consisting of broth, rice noodles, herbs and meat.
From Food Street to night markets, where food trucks sit side-by-side serving dishes hot off the grill. Panda and Richmond Night Markets serve a variety of cuisines, with the market favourite being squid. An after-dinner favourite is Dragon’s Beard Candy, which is also known as Chinese Cotton Candy. Dragon’s Beard Candy is a traditional Chinese sweet that has a chewy consistency and can be stuffed with a number of fillings with toasted nuts being the classic.
Vibrant arts and culture
A glimpse of Richmond’s past can be seen by visiting the wide range of heritage sites and museums throughout the area. The Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site was the largest producer of canned salmon during the 19th century. Overlooking the Fraser River, it is now a museum featuring interactive exhibits and guided tours of the history of Canada’s West Coast fishing industry. Another historic site worth the visit is Britannia Shipyards National Historic site. It's the oldest shipyard community in British Columbia, where Richmond’s maritime and multicultural heritage is showcased in an eight-acre waterfront park. Tours are offered several times a day.
The annual Steveston Salmon Festival is one of the largest Canada Day celebrations across the country. It brings people from around Richmond, Vancouver and the Pacific Northwest to celebrate Canada’s birthday, and the rich heritage of the community. Festival highlights include a Children’s Festival and Japanese Culture show. The popularity of these events means that hotels in the area are usually in high demand.
Relaxing recreational activities
Richmond boasts more than 100 parks, and one of the best places to watch the sunset is Garry Point Park, which offers superb views of the Gulf Islands and the South side of the Fraser River. From the park, pathways offer meandering walks towards the West Dyke Trail, which takes you all the way to Terra Nova Rural Park. From here visitors can take in extraordinary views of the Salish Sea, enjoy a walk through the community garden, then stop for lunch in one of the many picnic areas. Viewing platforms offer enhanced park visibility and access.
McDonald Beach Park is also a great spot for a picnic, and features lovely wooded trails and picnic tables, with an off-leash area for dogs. Visitors can watch planes taking off and landing from the park’s boat launch. Those who need the extra thrill can try river-rafting or kayaking along Richmond’s beautiful coastline. The extraordinary experience of whale watching is also popular, and offered at Steveston Seabreeze Adventures, where the main attraction is the Orcas, sometimes referred to as killer whales.
Sightseeing is a must
Whether it’s a culinary tour, or cultural journey, you can choose to go by foot, horse-drawn carriage, or even a floatplane. Inspire your mind and spirit with a visit to the International Buddhist Temple, which features golden tiles on its two-tiered roof, flared eaves, and scholar’s courtyards. It delivers the philosophies of Buddhism to the Western world through traditional ceremonies and charitable giving, and visitors can admire the impeccable art of Chinese craftsmanship.
Richmond’s No.5 Road has been given the name of the “Highway to Heaven”, due to more than 20 religious institutions such as mosques, temples and chapels located along the road. Thrangu Monastery is the first traditional Tibetan monastery in the Pacific Northwest, and is also located along the highway. It has a prayer room that boasts a 12-foot tall gold-leafed Buddha statue, along with 34 smaller statues, and allows students to study and practise in a traditional monastic setting. It was opened in 2010 by the worldwide leader of Thrangu Monasteries.
Another sight not to be missed is the Richmond Art Gallery. International contemporary works of art are on display. The art gallery is the primary source of art education, and plays an important role in making contemporary art interesting and understanding to all ages in the city of Richmond.
Price rangefrom AU$53to AU$364
- Hotel Sandman Signature Vancouver Airportdeals from AU$170
- Hotel Hotel River Rock Casino Resortdeals from AU$165
- Hotel Vancouver-beijing Bed&braekfastdeals from AU$8
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites Riverport Richmonddeals from AU$151
- Hotel House In Richmond For Rentdeals from AU$8
- Hotel Quality Hotel Airportdeals from AU$107
More Top Hotels
- Beautiful Britsh Columbia Home
- The Steveston Cafe &
- Teresas Bnb
- Feng Lu House
- The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport
- Vancouver Cozy Home
- Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport
- Hotel Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Richmond Bc Vickies Super Holiday B&B
- Harmony House
- Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport- Richmond
- Charming Private Bedroom For You
- Travelodge Vancouver Airport
- Executive Airport Plaza Hotel Richmond
- Pristine 2Bdr 2Ba Condominum In Richmond Centre
- Cozy Entire One Bedroom
- Hotel Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport
- Lucy Star Home
- Better Bed
- La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport
- Hotel Sandman Vancouver Airport
- Bryson Home
- Furnished Luxurious & Breathtaking 6 Br /4.5 Ba, House
- Cozy Room
- Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
- Furnished Vacation Home
- The Stone Hedge Bed and Breakfast
- Celines Central Richmond Apartment
- Richmond Center High Rise Apartment
- Two Bedroom Suite With Kitchen
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver-Airport/Richmond
- Richmond Aparterment Ackroyd
- Hotel Accent Inn Vancouver Airport
- Hotel Days Inn - Vancouver Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport - Richmond
- Susan's Inn
- Vancouver Airport Condos
- Hotels in Vancouver 4512 Hotels deals from AU$40
- Hotels in Victoria 2187 Hotels deals from AU$33
- Hotels in Whistler 3569 Hotels deals from AU$72
- Hotels in Burnaby 732 Hotels deals from AU$60
- Hotels in North Vancouver 532 Hotels deals from AU$181
- Hotels in Surrey 549 Hotels deals from AU$60
More Top Destinations
- Sunshine Coast
- New Westminster
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- White Rock
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Vancouver Island
- Port Alberni
- Lake Louise
- Gold Coast
- Santa Monica